Thursday, October 27, 2011

You want to do what????

Feeling that I may have uncovered the potential cause for my condition, I made a follow up appointment with my internist. I was prepared to share all the knowledge that I had learned about vaccination injury and, in particular, the mycoplasma organism that has been found to be in many contaminated vaccines. And, that micoplasma has been isolated in the joints of people with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I wanted to have my Rheumatoid Factor lab work repeated and was prepared to ask for antibiotic treatment for the mycoplasma. I knew this was going to be a hard sale but I was ready!

I have to say, that I believe I have one of the BEST internist in the state of Arkansas if not anywhere. He was very attentive to what I had to say and at the end of the conversation, he looked at me and said "I want to test you for Lyme Disease". WHAT DID I JUST HEAR? "I want to test you for Lyme Disease" he said.

I reached back into my memory from nursing school about Lyme Disease and remembered that this was an organism transmitted to humans by a tick bite. I also remembered that if a tick carried the organism Borrellia Burgdorferi that the person infected would develop what was called a "Bulls Eye" rash and moreover, Lyme doesn't even exist in Arkansas! I told him that I had never had a Bulls Eye rash to my knowledge and was taken aback by his suggestion. After all, I was here to discuss my vaccine injury and to discuss Mycoplasma and work toward antibiotic therapy. I wasn't prepared for what I had heard. Basically to pacify him, I told him that I would allow him to test me for Lyme but that I also did not want him to lose focus on my vaccine reaction. He agreed to repeat my Rheumatoid Factor lab work in addition to performing a Western Blot test which is the test used to support a diagnoses of Lyme Disease and told me to go home and watch the documentary "Under Our Skin".

I guess I have a movie to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment