Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This is getting technical....so do I or don't I have Lyme Disease?

A week or so later I was phoned by the doctor's office to tell me that all my Rheumatoid labs were negative and that my Western Blot test showed "some indication of Lyme" and my doctor wanted to see me in the office. I was SHOCKED!

The CDCs (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) website states that "Lyme disease is diagnosed based on symptoms, physical findings (e.g., rash), and the possibility of exposure to infected ticks; laboratory testing is helpful if used correctly and performed with validated methods. Most cases of Lyme disease can be treated successfully with a few weeks of antibiotics."

Based on the CDC guidelines, the diagnoses of Lyme Disease is a clinical diagnosis and can be supported by a Two Step Laboratory Testing Process. A positive ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) antibody screening test and a positive Western Blot test when 5 out of the 10 Borrelia Burgdorferi (Bb) antibody bands are present.

Because of my love for camping and other outdoor activities, I have definitely been bitten by many ticks over the years but never a Bulls Eye rash. I definitely had the symptoms: arthritis, fatigue, muscle aches and pains, brain fog, insomnia. My ELISA screening test was NEGATIVE and I only had ONE positive band of the 10 Bb antibodies on the Western Blot. Because I had watched the suggested documentary "Under Our Skin" I learned the politics involved with the current diagnostic criteria and that many people who, in fact, have Lyme Disease do not ever have the classic Bulls Eye rash nor do they test positive for 5 out of the 10 Bb antibodies! Also people all over the US have contracted Lyme and it's not just found in the Northeast and upper Midwest as some would like to believe. As stated on ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society) website: "Lyme disease is transmitted by the bite of a tick, and the disease is prevalent across the United States and throughout the world. Ticks know no borders and respect no boundaries. A patient's county of residence does not accurately reflect his or her Lyme disease risk because people travel, pets travel, and ticks travel. This creates a dynamic situation with many opportunities for exposure to Lyme disease for each individual." And, to top it off..... main stream medicine does not even acknowledge that Chronic Lyme Disease exists despite the many suffering people who have responded positively to the treatment!

Based on clinical findings, my physician felt strongly that I had Lyme Disease and started me on Doxycycline 100mg twice a day and told me to eat a low carb/gluten free diet and to return in a month for evaluation.

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO CONFUSED! What about the H1N1 vaccine reaction?????  Now, I'm getting scared and have SO much more research to do!

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anxiety Disorders, Back Pain, Crohn's Disease, Chronic renal failure, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease, back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia disease, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete